Study your French on madameshea.com for 30 minutes. Bring a note
from your parents verifying this. (You can earn a maximum of 20 points per quarter
For up to 10 points…
· Draw a cartoon and write the dialogues
· Write a worksheet and answer key using
current grammar or vocabulary.
· Make a wallhanging, mobile, or poster
with a French theme to display in the classroom.
· Change the language option on your cell
phone or MP3 player to French for a week. Make a list of new vocabulary you learned.
· Bring in French food for the class to
try. Explain the significance it, and bring copies of the recipe for your classmates. (www.marmiton.org)
· Make an illustrated French booklet and
write a sentence for each page in French (10 page minimum).
For up to 15 points…
· Prepare a French meal for your family. Bring in the recipes, a picture of you cooking (or of your yummy masterpiece)
and a note from your parents.
· Find an arts & crafts project on
a French website (try www.momes.net) and teach your classmates how to make it.
· Write an original dialogue and present
it to the class.
· Learn a French song or dance to teach
· Write a French poem to share with the
class. Illustrate it for display in the classroom.
· Watch a French movie. Write a newspaper review of it to share with the class.
· View an art display at a museum. Write a description of or reaction to it to share with the class.
For up to 20 points…
· Make a scale model of a French monument
for the classroom.
· Find a French article from a newspaper,
magazine, or the internet. Bring it to class and lead a brief discussion on
· Research a French author, painter, composer,
or historical figure and write a one-page report on them. Use at least three
different sources in your research, and include a bibliography with your report. Present
your research briefly to the class.
· Read a book on French history, biography,
or culture. Write a report about the book that you read.
· Keep a scrapbook for 9 weeks (one quarter)
of all news items or ads you can find concerning France or French products.
* Original ideas welcome! *
If you have an idea for an extra credit project, please share it